The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
One Day Enhancement Program
Leadership is fundamentally about facilitating high performance, thereby motivating others to do things effectively and efficiently. Emotional intelligence is a key attribute that helps leaders achieve this function. There is a wealth of literature detailing the impact emotion has on individuals’ performance. This research has shown, for example, that people perform their best at work when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are, and when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed and understood. This research has also shown that people often perform their worst when they feel unproductive feelings, such as feeling overly worried, frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate and fearful.
During this program, you will improve your understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence. You will also explore and practice tools and techniques for applying emotional intelligence in leadership, and creating high performance in others on that basis.
In this program, participants will:
- explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence,
- examine tools and techniques for effectively asking for, and responding to, feedback,
- explore techniques for developing self and other awareness,
- examine how we can use reactive and proactive techniques to build our resilience and effectively manage strong emotions, and
- explore an approach for facilitating engagement discussions with staff members.
- Personal resilience quiz
- Proactive strategies and techniques for:
- Workplace experience reflection model
- 5-step process to facilitating employee engagement reviews
As pre-work to the program Leaders complete the Genos Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Assessment. At the program, they are provided with their Feedback Report, a Development Tips workbook and expert led debrief and action planning methodologies to help leaders leverage strengths and address development opportunities.